Benefits of Zinc for Manufactured Parts
With its versatility and corrosion resistance, zinc is a commonly used alloy for a wide range of components across all industries. Its physical and chemical properties make it especially well-suited for automotive and medical manufactured parts and components.
Characteristics of Zinc
High strength and low cost make zinc an ideal alloy choice for die cast components. As a dense alloy, zinc is heavier than aluminum and magnesium.
Characteristics of zinc include:
- Low melting temperatures
- Provides greater impact resistance than alternative materials
- Low cost
- Corrosion resistant
- Electrically and thermally conductive
- EMI/RFI shielding
Zinc Die Casting
For components with thin walls or sections or small die castings, zinc is an exceptional alloy for die cast components and parts. Zinc die casting is well-suited for small design shapes that require dimensional stability.
Due to its versatility, zinc can be die cast using either hot chamber or cold chamber casting methods.
- Zinc die casting has high cycle rates, fastest of all die cast metal
- Surface finishes do not require secondary machining
- Die life longevity when compared to other non-ferrous metals
Zinc Die Cast Alloys
The zinc die cast alloys include Zamak and zinc-aluminum alloy combinations.
Zinc Die Cast Components
Examples of zinc die cast components and parts include:
- Electrical casings and housings
- Valves and fittings
Work with a Trusted Zinc Manufacturing Sourcing Servicer
Compass & Anvil has built long-lasting vendor relationships with trusted die cast manufacturers around the globe. We will work with you to find the best die casting manufacturer for your metal casting project. We can adhere any industry quality standards or specification requirements, offering you a cost-efficient money-saving way to get the zinc cast parts you need.
- Our sourcing services are here to save you time and money. The domestic zinc die casting manufacturer we work with is based in the Midwest, centrally located and ready to help you with your zinc cast components.
Start a Zinc Project Today
Contact us or call us at 408-205-1319 and let us connect you with a zinc die casting manufacturer today.