Precision Metal Stamping Sourcing Services
Cost-efficient and versatile, metal stamping is a common manufacturing process ideally suited for high production metal parts and components.
Precision Metal Stamping Process
Precision metal stamping is the manufacturing process by which metal components are formed by pressing a metal blank or sheet through a stamping machine with a specified die to create a shaped product.
- This metal forming process can take place in one step or multiple steps depending on the sheet material and the intricacy of the desired finished product.
- Mechanical and hydraulic presses are available for stamping processes.
Progressive Metal Stamping Techniques
- Deep Drawing
- As the name implies, this technique offers deeper drawing capabilities than standard metal stamping.
- Suitable for high volume runs and small component designs
- Wire Forming
- Spooled coils or wires are formed and shaped based on your design shape.
- Can be configured into any form in various sizes and designs.
- Often used for spring applications including compression springs and torsional springs.
- Progressive Die Stamping
- Dies cut sheet metal into the designated profile.
- Cold-worked process.
- Completely automated.
- Fine Blanking
- High pressure process that produces components with a high degree of accuracy.
- Single-step process.
- Multi-Slide Stamping
- Horizontal press that is bigger than a four-slide machine.
- Slides move via cams and are driven by machine shafts.
- Ideal for complex components.
- Four-Slide Stamping
- Similar to multi-slide stamping, but with a smaller machine.
- Suitable for high production runs
Precision Metal Stamping Considerations
Precision metal stamping is often used for high production runs for metal components because it can generally provide consistency for finish, thickness, and tolerances.
Precision Metal Stamping Materials
The precision metal stamping process can accommodate ferrous and non-ferrous metals, including:
Precision Metal Stamping Applications
- Irregular shaped parts
Advantages of Metal Stamping with Compass & Anvil
Over 30 years of industry expertise has allowed Compass & Anvil to work with a dedicated network of metal stamping manufacturers. Advantages working with us include the following benefits:
- Manufacture cost-effective, high-quality metal stamped parts
- Fast turnaround times
- Ability to meet custom specs and requirements
- Hands-on facilitation throughout the metal stamping process
Start A Metal Stamping Conversation with Us