Custom Metal Casting Services
Get the high-performance metal parts you need with the quality custom metal casting methods you want. Compass & Anvil can help you find a manufacturing partner who can offer the right custom casting services for your application. We can save you time and money by connecting you with the best casting manufacturer to meet your specific production run requirements.
Metal Casting Advantages
Casting as a method of shaping metal offers several distinct advantages. For instance, casting molds can be very detailed, yielding parts that meet exacting specifications. Additionally, some casting methods can allow for a very high production rate and requires little secondary machining.
Custom Casting Considerations
Factors to consider for casting services include:
- Quantity of parts/production run size
- Tooling factors into time and cost for production runs. Advantages and disadvantages for each casting method can make choosing the best type of casting process difficult
- Determining your production run size can help connect you with the right foundry. Foundries often specialize in high-volume or low-volume production projects
- Delivery schedules should be pre-determined to keep the project on-time
- Custom requirements and industry standards
- Let us connect you with casting manufacturers who understand industry standards and compliance for your casting application
- Casting design
- Work with vetted casting manufacturers who have the knowledge and expertise to design a custom casting that meets your specifications, while designing a cost-effective casting mold
Precision Metal Casting Methods
There are several methods for molding metal through casting. The method you choose depends on the volume, complexity, and cost goals of your project. Compass & Anvil can help you accelerate your production process by connecting you with a manufacturer who provides the type of casting that best suits your project.
Die casting is a four-step manufacturing process that turns molten metal into custom parts. We will help you find a manufacturing partner who can handle every step of the manufacturing process, from preparing the dies to final inspection.
- The ideal manufacturer will also offer a full complement of finishing services, including drilling holes, painting, polishing, and buffing.
Investment casting derives its name from the ceramic mold – or “investment” – that is used in the casting process. Investment casting is an ancient method for shaping metal.
- We source experienced manufacturers who handle the investment casting process from start to finish.
Permanent Mold Casting
Permanent mold casting manufacturers create custom, reusable graphite molds that are ideal for manufacturing high precision components. Because they can withstand indefinite use, graphite molds can produce castings with accuracy, again and again.
- Permanent Mold Casting is a highly cost-effective option. Most manufacturers use CNC machines to tool graphite molds.
Sand casting is a low-cost option for metal forming. There are several types of sand casting, including green sand casting, skin-dried sand casting, dry sand casting, and no-bake sand casting. Each of these options offers a different set of advantages.
- An experienced manufacturing partner can help you determine which of these processes best suits your needs.
Metal Casting Process Comparison Chart
Permanent Mold Casting
|Design Complexity||Fair||Highest||Fair||Fair to Good|
|Rate of Production||Highest||Low||Good||Fair|
|Tooling Lead Time||Good||Good||Good||Highest|
|Casting Weight Range||1 oz. - 75 lb.||Less than 1 oz. - 25 lb.||1 oz. - 100 lb.||Unlimited|
|Minimum Wall Thickness||1/32"||1/16"||1/8"||1/10"|
|Castable Alloys||Al-base is preferred||Most Ferrous/Non-Ferrous Metals||Al-base & Cu-base are preferred||Most Ferrous/Non-Ferrous Metals|
On and Offshore Custom Metal Casting Services
If keeping costs low is a high priority for your project, we can help you find offshore casting manufacturers who can deliver high-quality parts for a fraction of the cost. Conversely, if a swift turnaround time and clear communication with the manufacturer is your number one priority, we can find a domestic manufacturer who offers custom casting services.
Our network of both domestic and offshore manufacturers is broad-based, guaranteeing that we can help our customers find the right partners.